1967 Born Auckland, New Zealand
Kate is an exhibiting artist and has been painting and exhibiting for twenty years. She began painting seriously while raising her 5 children and started attending art classes in 2013. Her work is held in private collections throughout New Zealand.
Portraits are her primary source of inspiration, exploring themes of vulnerability and connection. Focusing on people and their stories her work is deeply personal and expressive, creating a strong emotional connection with the viewer. Her characters have a vulnerability and innocence leaving the viewer to private contemplation. There is a distinctive, captivating honesty in her work
“Faces and the stories they tell have always been hugely fascinating and mesmerizing to me. I try to capture the essence of the character I am painting and through the process of playing with light and colour I get to feel close to the subject even if I don't know them or they are fictional characters. "
• Finalist Adam Portraiture Award Exhibition, NZ Portrait Gallery, Wellington and Touring Exhibition 2016-17
• NZ Art Show, Single Artist Wall, TSB Arena,Wellington 2015
• "Muse", Muse Gallery, Havelock North 2017
• Summer Exhibition, NZAFA,Wellington 2017-18
• Humanities Group Exhibition, Hastings Community Art Centre, Hawle's Bay 2016/15 /14 /13
• “Art from the Heart” Exhibition, NZAFA, Wellington 2016
• Huihui, ONO Exhibition, Napier Arts Centre, Napier 2014
• “Arlo and the Ginkgo Tree” Millwood Press 2017